Ceylon cinnamon aka “true cinnamon” can be much more difficult to find on the market than the regular Cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is an amazing flavoring addition to your recipes, but it also has extremely powerful medicinal properties.
What is Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder aka “true cinnamon”?
Ceylon Cinnamon is dried bark of an evergreen plant called Cinnamomum zealanicum that belongs to the family Laurraceae. It is a powerful spice used for health benefits and culinary purposes for thousands of years. Often it is not known that Cassia cinnamon isn’t that good for your body. You heard it right, not all types of cinnamon are equally beneficial for you. Although both types of cinnamon are healthy, Cassia cinnamon contains much larger quantities of a toxin called coumarin that is harmful for your liver when consumed too much.
Where does our cinnamon come from?
Ceylon Cinnamon is native to the beautiful Sri Lanka in South Asia. Our product comes from a family owned business at fair trade prices. Our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is handcrafted by long time experts.
Benefits of Sunny Day Organics’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- We offer you the real high quality cinnamon – a handcrafted product that is 100% raw and organic. No chemicals are used in the growing process. It is gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Pure product with nothing added!
- Our product contains much less coumarin than regular Cassia cinnamon. Coumarin is a naturally occurring chemical in cinnamon that is toxic to your liver and kidneys in large quantities. In Ceylon cinnamon there is significantly less coumarin present than in the regular cinnamon and this is a good thing!
- Ceylon cinnamon is potentially very beneficial to a healthy body weight and also for glucose metabolism i.e your blood sugar levels. Cinnamon has been widely used to balance healthy blood sugar naturally. Diabetics may likely benefit from consuming our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder.
- It has amazing antioxidant properties which means it protects your body from free radical damage and helps to slow the aging process. The antioxidant properties in cinnamon may help to defend your brain against developing different neurological disorders.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help lower the risk of heart diseases. Different types of flavonoid compounds in cinnamon are super effective at fighting high levels of inflammation in your body. This may also help with pain!
- Ceylon cinnamon supports healthy digestive function by reducing the amount of gas that’s being produced in your body when you eat.
- It also has aromatic properties which is perfect for aromatherapy and for calming your mind.
- Ceylon cinnamon has much sweeter and more delicate flavor than Cassia cinnamon. This means that our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon will suit better into your desserts and other recipes.
- Our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder comes from a family owned business and is purchased at fair trade prices. This way we can support the ones who need it the most. You can, too!
How do I use Ceylon Cinnamon?
- Cinnamon is most used for culinary purposes. Sprinkle some here, dust some there – your imagination is the limit! Cinnamon is a healthy addition that enhances every recipe.
- Add it to your baked goods, desserts, morning yogurt, smoothies. Sprinkle it on your apples or bananas and much more. Cinnamon will give your recipes a subtle sweet taste, meaning you won’t be needing that much sugar or other sweeteners.
- Add a little cinnamon to your morning coffee – warming experience is guaranteed!
- You can make some DIY face mask and face scrub (2-in-1!) with Ceylon Cinnamon Powder. Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon with 1 tablespoon of honey, spread it on your face and leave it on for 15-30 minutes. Afterwards, gently wash the mask off with lukewarm water. You’ll feel how the small cinnamon and honey particles gently exfoliate your face leaving your skin smooth as silk!
Sunny Day Organics Guarantee
Our Ceylon Cinnamon Powder is 100% organic and raw, purchased at fair trade prices. It’s the highest quality product available.