Oh those sweet treats. These wonderful paleo almond muffins with antioxidant rich blueberries is exactly what you need to nourish your body while feeling pampered at the same time. The combination of blueberries and real vanilla bean powder – delightful! Be careful not to demolish this deliciousness all at once!
- 2 cups of coconut flour
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- ¾ tsp of baking soda
- ¾ tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of ground almonds
- ¾ cups of honey or palm sugar
- 2 tsp Sunny Day Organics’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- ¾ cups of coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare a tray lined with muffin cups, or muffin trays lined with paper cases.
- Beat the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla in a big bowl until fluffy and pale.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut flour, ground almonds and salt. Sift in the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the coconut mixture into the egg mixture. Using a baking spatula, mix the batter evenly. Add the blueberries and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, until about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let them cool before serving.
- Serve with fresh whipped coconut cream, some coconut flakes and blueberries.
This recipe is brought to you by our lovely photographer at Fairuz Zia photography, who finds the combination of blueberries and our vanilla bean powder just Heavenly!