Need some Spring or Summer into your days? Some vitamins and freshness? Take a look at this gorgeous recipe that has thousands of alternate versions to it. Boost your body and mind with some vitamins and feel the energy coursing through. Vanilla just makes it better than ever!
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 bunch of grapes (colour up to your preference, prefer seedless if possible)
- 3 kiwis
- 1/2 Sun Melon or Honeydew
- 2 oranges
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp of Sunny Day Organics’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Wash the berries, grapes and mint leaves. Hull the strawberries, and cut them in half. If the grapes are big, cut them in half as well.
- Peel the kiwis, and cut them into thick slices. As for the melon, use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh or just cut them into chunks.
- Zest both of the oranges. Juice one and segment the other one.
- Place all the fruits in a large bowl. Tear and sprinkle the mint leaves over the fruits.
- In another bowl, mix together the orange zest, juice, honey and vanilla bean powder. Mix them well.
- Pour the orange vanilla syrup over the fruits, and toss them gently to coat. Keep chilled for at least 20 minutes for the flavor develop. Enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by our lovely photographer at Fairuz Zia photography. Here’s a comment from her: “Best salad ever! The colourful combo is what draws you to it. Once you start eating, it’s pretty hard to stop. The freshness, the sweetness, the juiciness and the sweet vanilla aroma mixed with fresh orange is irresistible!” Let’s thank her and prepare some salad for ourselves!